Friday, September 18, 2009

Stars fill these Skies

Magical

Stars tumble
in a pantomime
of tangerine yellow
giggling
like school children
in a playground.

Laughter fills
the sky with
watermelon
moons.

Joy comes to heart
in a rush of
candy cane wishes
and
this late hour
cannot subdue
the feeling
of tumbling dice
spilling
jelly beans
all over the
seas.

I jumped over clouds
made of marshmallow
and slapped
my knees
till they tickled
and blushed
shyly.

I am a lark
a pied piper
a court jester
of clowns.

Laughter is all I can
see
and blue licorice
voices
of pillows
talk to me about
coming to sleep.

Kevin Harling.

1 comment:

  1. Like I mentioned somewhere else, reading 'Night Time Wishes' and 'Magical' is like looking at a Dali painting..magical, whimsical, enchanting.
    Both poems are filled with light, lightness, and joie de vivre!
    Another milestone for a great poet.

    ReplyDelete